Hays House, Nr Shaftesbury, Dorset
Nursing Home & Retirement Apartments
Hays House is registered for 43 residents with the Care Quality Commission, covering both long term and respite care for the elderly.
Nursing care is provided 24 hours a day with trained staff on duty at all times. They are supported by a separate team of activities staff trained in the provision of daily activities for residents both within and without the nursing home itself.
The House, which has been completely renovated and includes a new ground floor bedroom wing, is surrounded by gardens and parkland and looks over the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
Contact us today for a brochure.
Hays House is centrally heated throughout and the spacious bedrooms all have a 'nurse call' communications system to summon help day and night. Bedrooms are available fully furnished, however residents may provide their own furniture should they wish.
There are many designs of bedroom with alternate views from which to choose, including large double rooms for those who prefer to share. All rooms have wash basins and many have private en-suite facilities.
There is a spacious and elegant dining room, although meals may also be served in residents own rooms.
A varied menu of English home cooking is provided and special diets are catered for.
Morning coffee and afternoon tea may be taken in the sitting rooms.
Care Quality Commission Report
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator responsible for the registration and inspection of all health and adult social care services in England. Please view our most recent CQC Report.
- Doctors: Hays is visited by local GPs' weekly or on request.
- Services: A chiropodist and hairdresser make regular visits, an Optometrist comes annually and the mobile county library visits fortnightly.
- Religious Services: A service of communion is held on alternate Sundays and local clergy visit regularly.
- Visitors: Hays House is open to visitors ideally after 10am. Visitors are welcome to stay for meals, but are requested to give prior warning.
- Laundry: Residents personal laundry is handled by our own laundry staff.
- Short Stay Residents: We do take short stay residents for holidays or convalescence subject to availability.
Please ask for further details